How to Stop False Alarms
False alarms are certainly annoying, but they could be a sign that your alarm system needs to be upgraded or have a service done. Here are some common reasons why you may be getting a false alarm.
- Pets – Many modern alarms can tell the difference between a human and most pets but older ones cannot. Upgrading to a modern system can help.
- Incorrect codes – People forget things and make mistakes but ensuring you know your alarms on/off codes are a must when you have an alarm system. Ensure all authorised people know how to use your alarm system.
- Non-secured Doors or Windows – Your alarm will pick up on open doors or windows, check everything is closed before you leave the house.
- Weak Battery – If your system has a battery connected it can cause false alarms if not maintained and services regularly. All batteries run out eventually, so get yours serviced.
- Spiders and Moving Objects – Your alarms motion detectors may have something nearby setting it off. Sometimes large spiders, spider webs or nearby hanging objects can create false alarms, so clean those webs and keep anything that can move away from the motion detectors.
- Old (Faulty) Equipment – While its rare to have equipment faults, older systems (like all old electronics) can start to misbehave. Cowley Security Australia can upgrade your system to stop these faults causing false alarms.
False Alarms are Often Simple to Fix
- Train all users correctly (children, relatives, babysitter etc.)
- Make sure all doors and windows are secured before turning your alarm on.
- Get your alarm system regularly service and maintained at least twice a year with Cowley Security Australia.
- Keep your premise clean of dust and other particles that can settle on the motion detectors.
- Upgrade old alarm systems with Cowley Security Australia, this can be done during a regular service call.